The RT problem
I really like the new style retweet and use it often to forward well-crafted tweets but I’ve become more bothered of late that “New RT” doesn’t show up in Twitter lists.
Many power users rely heavily on twitter lists and its important that everyone can see a RT.
The Good (New RT)
- Tweets with several of new RTs float to the top of searches.
- Tweets show avatars of the people that retweeted it via the new style
- Easy to use and eliminates confusion of what the original tweet said.
The Bad (New RT)
- They don’t show in Twitter lists
- They don’t show up as mentions so most people aren’t you retweeted them
The Ugly (Old RT)
Old style retweets can lead to messy tweets & confusion
Should I abandon the new style? Which do you prefer and why?
I asked for feedback and it seems everyone is leaning toward the old style RT.