Social Media needs an Address Book
For the many ways that social media connects us you’d think we’d have a decent address book to accommodate this new connected world. It’s darn near the Jetson’s out here and my address book has a field for a fax number but no twitter account. Really?
My digital life revolves around some of the most used platforms in the world, Microsoft Exchange, Gmail, Facebook, & Twitter so why do I feel like I’m island hopping? Why isn’t someone capitalizing on the need to combine all this info?
My needs are simple:
- Cloud based so I can update and access it from anywhere
- Smart import functions for Exchange and Gmail
- Integration with Twitter, Facebook, and fields for custom links
If you really want to make me happy:
- Let me send my friend a tweet
- Allow composing of FB messages
- Throw in an iPhone app.
Sounds like a great Freemium service right? I’d pay for this in a heartbeat.
Am I the only one that needs this app? Or have you already found one?
Do you have a single database that contains the your friends’ mobile #, email, FB account, & Twitter account?