Firefox 3 tips and tweaks
Lifehacker.com | Power User’s Guide to Firefox 3 by Gina Trapani | link
Firefox 3 was released less than a week ago and Lifehacker.com already has a great post with a laundry list of Firefox 3 tweaks. I’ll only highlight a couple of the most useful.
Delete Mistyped URL Suggestions and Other Auto-complete Entries – To remove a mistyped URL from your suggestion list forever, key down to the suggestion and type Shift+Delete on the Mac, and just Delete on Windows
Trick Out Your Smart Bookmarks
- Open up the Bookmarks Organizer by going to the Bookmarks Menu, and click “Organize Bookmarks”
- Click the Organize Menu and choose “New Bookmark”
- Give the Smart Bookmark a name and then we will enter the query parameters in the “Location” field. See the Examples below to get started. Just enter the text between the quotes.
- 10 Most Visited Sites: “place:queryType=0&sort=8&maxResults=10”
- 10 Most Recent Bookmarks: “place:queryType=1&sort=12&maxResults=10”
- 15 Most Visited Bookmarks: “place:queryType=1&sort=8&maxResults=15”
- 10 Most Visited Sites with “XYZ” in them: “place:queryType=0&sort=8&maxResults=10&terms=XYZ
For a extensive list of parameters you can visit the MozillaZine Forums.
Finally for a Firefox 3 easter egg you can type about:robots in the address bar.