Introducing NetTools from Axence Software. This is quite possible one of the best collections of network tools I’ve ever seen. (Solarwinds Engineer’s edition excluded due to price and focus on WAN’s). The free version does require user registration but that is a small price to pay for such an awesome app.
What do you get?
- Graphical Realtime Netstat
- ARP & Routing Table Info
- Netwatch to monitor response times from various sources
- Graphical ping with packet size and timeout options
- Graphical continuous Traceroute
- Easy Port Listening feature for troubleshooting
- Host/Service Scanning
- Network Scanning
- SNMP Scanner
The interface is clean and well designed. I honestly don’t have one negative thing to say about this software and that is a rarity. If you know the difference between UDP/TCP and can spell tracert you should have this package as part of diagnostic toolkit. As always this utility has been added to my Tools page under Network Tools.