14 Social Media Articles That You Can’t Ignore
A list of articles that I’ve found over the past month that are absolute “must-reads”.
- 5 Steps for Successful Social Media Damage Control by Sharlyn Lauby – Her post is as excellent guide for protecting your reputation during a online PR crisis.
- Old Media, New Media and Where the Rubber Meets the Road by Mark Sigall – This post isn’t specifically about social media but I’ve included it because of his outstanding insight into understanding the value you offer your audience.
- Measuring the Success of Social Media by Tom Chapman – The correct answer to understanding social media ROI.
- The Everyday Evangelist by Jess Sloss – This piece reminds us about the most important people that your organization should be influencing.
- Social Media: 4 Proven Models for Connecting with People by Leigh House – A slideshow presentation that offers the crystal clear examples of how organizations should be using social media to connect with people.
- You are Always On by Chris Brogan – How to approach a sticky situation when you are the representative of a brand
- Tapping the Power of the Groundswell by Charlene Li – She wrote the book on social media and this slideshow is a shortcut to strategies for focusing on relationships
- Since When are blogs NOT Social Media by Brian Clark – A reminder not to neglect one of your most important online outposts
- Laying Out Your Online Experience by Chris Brogan – Forget the jargon, what do people want when they turn to social technology?
- 6 ways to Use Twitter to Market your Small Business by Alison Woo – This is as simple as it gets.
- Friendfeed as a social media strategy tool by John Haydon – A wonderful article outlining how you can use Friendfeed to enhance your social media strategy. (Yes I talk about Friendfeed a lot but for good reason… and you don’t have to take my word for it)
- Top 10 Guidelines for Corporate Social Media Policies by Todd Defren – This is absolutely the best set of guidelines I’ve ever seen concerning social media. Excellent resource for individuals and organizations.
- The Hardest Things to Teach your Clients about Social Media Marketing by Rebecca Kelley – An very complete list of the realities of Social Media
And finally for a bit of a lighter take on Social Media check out:
- 10 Questions to Evaluate a Social Media “Expert” by Ian Lurie – This piece will have you in stitches!
Let me know which articles you like best and if you have a recommendation just leave a comment or Tweet me @tsudo. Thanks for reading.
p class=alert>Update: I’ve got an entire website dedicated to the best social media articles and guides. Find the latest recommendations at NetworkEvangelist.com